Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Activities after my exams

I was busy with my final exams from 18 May to 28 May. I was unable to give time during that one and a half week.
As coding started from 23 May and I am behind the schedule so I have planned to cover up that time.

Firstly, I am working on the plan till the mid evaluation. The plan will include my weekly milestones and soon I will be sharing that.

I am setting the environment these days. I have downloaded SVN and have checked out phpmyadmin code. Also I have planned to use Eclipse and Xdebug or Nusphere for debugging.

Currrently I am looking at different tools available for synchronization, which could give me an idea about the UIs. I have analyzed some tools which includes Navicat, SQL Yog and Spectral Core. After analyses I have identified some UI which should be there in the synchronization process.
Also I thought about where to place the synchronization button or tab in the original phpmyadmin page. Most appropriate place I could find was with the other tabs like "Databases, SQL, Variables,..." on the phpmyadmin page.

Other than the UI, I have also started to work on the backend logic. I took two tables from the same database on the same server and found structural differences. I yet have to apply those differences on the target database.

I also went through the code of phpmyadmin. I looked at the files db_create, db_printview and index.php.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zahra,
    please be careful about not copying ideas of the UI from those proprietary products.

    Marc Delisle

    ReplyDelete